Where does the Uric Acid comes from? Causes | Symptoms | Side Effects | Natural Treatment
Where does the Uric Acid comes from?
Human body is continuously at work since birth. Even when the body is asleep all the organs of the body say brain, lungs, heart etc. does their function.
When we consume food the body absorbs all the essential proteins, nutrient etc.. that the body requires and leaves out the waste and this waste is Uric Acid.
Uric acid is a chemical produced by the body when the purines are broken down.These uric acid gets dissolved in our body and float through the body to kidney and flushes out as urine and rest of the uric acid are removed out as human stool.
Now whenever the level of uric acids increases it causes disease such as gout, kidney stone, heart diseases etc.. .The term used to state high level of uric acid is Hyperuricemia.
The two major cause of high uric acid level is either due to the inefficiency of kidney to eliminate it from the body or due to overproduction of uric acid in the body.
Let go through the causes high level of uric acid in the blood :
- It can be a genetic that is hereditary.
- Excess consumption of Alcohol.
- It can also be caused if the person suffers from hypothyroidism.
- Overweight or say obesity may also increase uric acid level.
- Consuming purine rich food game meat, anchovies, sardines, dried beans and peas, mushrooms etc may result in overproduction of uric acid.
A blood test can reveal the uric acid level in your body go for a checkup when you feel the symptoms mentioned below:
- Joint Symptoms: Increased level of uric acid in the blood can cause pain, inflammation, redness and tenderness when one touch theri joints such as heels, ankles, knees, fingers, wrists, and elbows etc.. .
- Kidney Symptoms: High level of uric acid can cause kidney stone which may cause severe pain in groin area, back pain, vomiting, blood in urine etc.. .
- Skin Symptoms: Small lumps may appear underneath the skin when the high level of uric acid is not treated for years.
Side Effects Of High Uric Acid Level
Some of the diseases caused due to high level uric acid in the body are:
- Gout: Gout is the most common and painful disease that a person can suffer from if he/she has high level uric acid in the blood.Gout is caused due intake of animal-protein rich food products as it produces more uric acid. Some of the severe symptoms of gout are joint pains.
- Kidney Stone: Excess of uric acid cause uric crystal to settle in the urinary tract which leads to kidney stones.
- Metabolic Acidosis: When intake of protein rich food items increases then the ability of breaking down the food decreases which may lead to increasing level of uric acid and this is called Metabolic Acidosis.
Following some natural treatment and precautions can prove very helpful to fight high uric acid but it is also suggested to consult doctor for more effective result.
Some natural ways to treat high uric acid are:
- Follow a proper diet: it is necessary for a person suffering from high uric acid to follow a proper diet as they are certain restrictions that they should keep in mind such as:
Avoid high purine food products.
Limit the consumption of red meat and refined carbohydrate.
Say No to Soda and reduce the consumption of veggies such as asparagus, peas, mushrooms and cauliflower.
Avoid consumption of alcohol as much as possible.
- Apple cider vinegar: It is helpful to treat high uric acid, take 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar in 1 glass of water mix it well and drink it daily.
- Vegetable juice: Drink fresh juice of french beans or carrot to prevent uric acid.
- Anti-Inflammatory Fruits: Consume more anti-inflammatory fruits such as cherries and berries for better result.
- Drink water: Water is a key ingredient to flush out the waste from the body it help keep keep the body ph level balanced and one may feel more fresh and energetic by drinking more and more water.